Wataame Shoujo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

綿あめ 少女

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NANA (Manga)

Go down 
+30
princessswan
LUISSITA
ceruleancrescent
mikoto.akari
kasuhi
Puff
hoihoi
ewwcia17
smellyshelly
innesfree
jaderabbit
darkestsecrets
Appa4u
eu9919
LACMA
xxPersephonexx
ocean
stupidgirls
momomelody
aznchan
willnira
yuecynster
Emberlene
blackrose
jbeans925
domoarigator
hoabonlamayman
applesauce151
Nana
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nana
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-04-17

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Nana is a shojo manga series by mangaka Ai Yazawa, serialised in Cookie published by Shueisha.

Nana Osaki is a punk singer who wants to debut with her band as soon as possible to leave her ex-boyfriend, Ren Honjo, behind. Nana was the lead vocalist in their old band with Ren, and they lived together as lovers. When Ren is offered a chance to debut in Tokyo as a replacement member of the popular band Trapnest (T-Nest for short), Nana chooses to cultivate her own band, Black Stones (BlaSt for short) instead.

Nana Komatsu, the other Nana, is called Hachi (after Hachiko) as she has weak mental characteristics that resemble a puppy. With a habit of falling in love at first sight, Hachi has always depended on other people to help her. When her friends and then boyfriend leave for Tokyo, she decides to join them a year later after having saved enough money.

Nana and Hachi meet in a train by chance, both on their way to Tokyo. After a string of coincidences, they come to live together in an apartment numbered 707. Despite having contrasting characters and ideals, the Nanas like and respect each other.

While the Black Stones begin to gain popularity at live gigs, other issues need resolving, especially in the areas of romance. The story of Nana revolves heavily on the romance and relationships of the two characters as one seeks fame and recognition while the other seeks love and happiness.

Spoiler:

Well I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I want the reunion and Shin and Reira to finally get back together.

^o.o^ Anime/Manga Fanatic
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/animemangafanatic
applesauce151
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-25

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:27 am

yeah this manga's pretty good, although I think it belongs in the josei genre rather than shoujo, but either way, I think it offers a more realistic view on love since it shows how feelings can change and how even when you find love, it isn't always easy or happy.
Back to top Go down
hoabonlamayman
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-02

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:16 am

uh, this is a good manga but it is sad,too. sometimes I think why can Nana and Ren love each other like they used to? why can Hachiko (the different Nana) have a full happiness? why can Shin an Reira have a public relationship ? Why can Nobuo have Hachiko? Is it better if ... there are a lot of things which I wish to happen and not happen but the story is still continue and a lot events happen. woa , A lot of time I cry when I read this manga. I don't like sad type but I like this manga and I appreciate this manga.
Back to top Go down
domoarigator
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 34

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:21 am

I like it when we see pieces of their future, also it's kinda realistic so you feel their deepest emotions.
Also the opposite personality of the 2 Nana is really something that keeps me on reading it.
Btw my weak point is Reira i admitt i can't stand her character...
Back to top Go down
jbeans925
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-05-16

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:48 pm

I LOVE NANA! ai yazawa is a genius who truly writes some of the best mangas out there! NANA is one of my all time favorite from her b/c the plot is unexpected and deep. I hate takumi for cheating but at the same time, looking at the future, you see that he really did love her. But then theres nobu whose the swtest guy in the world and she leaves him! ugh! then theres nana & ren who are perfect for each other but they're crazy!! i love all the drama and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Back to top Go down
blackrose
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 25

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:06 pm

nana was really good in the beginning but lately its been weird. the plot line confuses me and it takes forever for a new chapter to be released so i always forget what happened in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Emberlene
Five-cents Choco Balls

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Nana is really good even though there are confusin scenes in it, it's still good. One thing that usually always gets me confused is when in the beginning or ending of a chapter, one of the Nana's voice out their beliefs. I'm always confused about which Nana is saying those things.
Back to top Go down
yuecynster
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-04-01

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:06 pm

This manga is more deep in comparison to other mangas I read. I'd also watched the anime and was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
willnira
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 17

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:46 pm

I read the first, but I didn't like it.
I'm not saying that this manga is not good it's just it's too large and I read hana yori dango because it was completed but it seems this isn't finished yet. So maybe when it's complet I'll read it. If I read it now I'm only be anxious and I'll seriously need to smoke a cigarette!
Back to top Go down
aznchan
Five-cents Choco Balls

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:37 pm

nana is a good manga and all but rite now i am kinda really confused cuz they keep jumping back and forth from future 2 present and idk what is going on so the manga leaves me really confused and trying to figure out what is going on in da manga
Back to top Go down
momomelody
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-26

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:40 am

yazawa's art it amazing. I like worship her unique style. she is the best mangaka like ever. EVER I say.
Back to top Go down
stupidgirls
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 35

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:10 am

Yazawa just likes to make ppl cry ...if Hachi really knew (actually she is my concentration at the moment) how much Takumi has betrayed her, I doubt she would stay on...I only wish they showed a moment where she knew the full extent of his sins and she left him if only temporarily..
Back to top Go down
ocean
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 9

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:38 pm

I work at a bookstore as my part-time job. I use to tell my co-workers that were into anime and manga about Nana, but since they were into fantasy they hardly listened. About a week ago, we received Nana that manga translated in english and some of my co-workers read a few chapters on their break....now they can't their hands off them. In fact, we have to pry the manga out of employee hands in order to sell them. lol!
Back to top Go down
xxPersephonexx
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-27

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:36 pm

The first time I read this manga, I wasn't too thrilled with the art. It took awhile for me to appreciate Yazawa's art. I love how everytime her characters don a different outfit not like some mangas (redundant clothes). The storyline is very close to real encounters, so there were moments in the manga that felt really close at heart.
Back to top Go down
LACMA
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-05-29

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:08 pm

the story is dragging...a lot....
i really like her drawings so i read it, but hachi is kinda dumb and i just wish takumi wasn't such a player!
Back to top Go down
eu9919
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-05-29

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:48 pm

I love NANA. Since I first read it I have been addicted to Nana Komatsu and Nana Hachi. I have seen the movie and both the movie and the manga is great. I can't wait until I found out what happens in the end. I hope it's happy ending for both of them.
Back to top Go down
Appa4u
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-30

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: NANA (manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:47 am

There are so many twist in the story I hope I do not spoil anything for anybody if they read this. Even though the series has spawned an anime series and two life action movies to boot. I love the authors' art style and she makes the characters realistic.
Back to top Go down
darkestsecrets
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-07-03

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:06 am

NANA is good but the thing is that there's so many diff relationship and plots going on that sometimes it gets confusing so personally i just concentrate mostly on Hachi and takumi's relationship coz they're the cutest couple everr!! well at least in NANA tht is hehe a lot of ppl don't like hachi...but honestly i think she's so adorable!!! sometimes she may be a bit naive and some ppl may think that she should have chosen nobu but look at her now!! she's married to takumi who truly loves her and she's happy and stuff...so i really dunno why ppl keeps on complaining abt how annoying hachi is...hm...=/
Back to top Go down
jaderabbit
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-07-03

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:58 am

I used to really like this manga but I kinda stopped reading it. This is the type of story that could go on forever but although I like the characters I want to see some sort of closure soon.
Back to top Go down
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-07-04

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:56 pm

I don’t mind this manga…I have got to admit but that Komatsu Nana is really annoying at times…she’s a really easy girl and falls in love with the wrong guys all the time and she’s an easily hurt person when it comes to love but she gets over it in no time as soon as she sees another guy with good looks…but I like her persistent personality…as the manga goes on it gets better the beginning was kinda long and draggy but it improved so that’s all that matters…overall this is a cool manga
Back to top Go down
innesfree
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-06

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 3:08 am

I like this manga but the story is dragging and the twist is getting more and more. I hope that the manga wlll end soon as I'm getting impatient with it.
Back to top Go down
smellyshelly
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-21

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:35 pm

Nana is so good! But I am a little confused with the story now b/c it takes so long to get released and I forget what happens. XD but I still love it! :D
Back to top Go down
ewwcia17
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-04-01

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 am

I really really really want to know how it will end ... I love this manga , I cried a lot while reading it ( nobu and hachi ) ... I hope there will be happy end ... but after reading paradise kiss I think there won't be ...
Back to top Go down
hoihoi
Five-cents Choco Balls

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:38 pm

I adore NANA. It has a great plot and the characters are very interesting. I love the drama in this book and there is tons of drama! And I'm hoping that everyone finds their happiness at the end, especially both of the Nana's.
Back to top Go down
Puff
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-21

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:43 pm

I love Nana! There was a time when she stopped releasing any new chapters for awhile and I was really sad. I think she's back on track now though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NANA (Manga) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NANA (Manga)   NANA (Manga) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NANA (Manga)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next