Wataame Shoujo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

綿あめ 少女

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How and why did you get into manga?

Go down 
+105
bbnflpn
xxcuitepiexx
PetrifiedPenguin
gotchaweird
fruitpink
jhealizzie
Tagg
coatey
ryoryo
bpp825
goong69
Zumi
Kelly-chi
azrael666
Unreal
kujika
nn33mm
swimmeraem
hanon10123
amidala56
maxforce1
ralphsmum
winternite
Sunako
meome
XxPandaCherryxX
cutiepie13
charm
valval
pixie
mizuki246
sleepiiez
princessswan
Kyohei
jergens
astar812
mikoto.akari
ceruleancrescent
Mizuki040
unclouded_tree
huggybunny
eliechan
Puff
skiipbeat
animelover
kimmy9azn
mith
razer_jt
kazekage13
DarkAngel
EeenAce
missy
nekochan23
ewwcia17
chan
animefrik111
le nuage
dolphin
merissa_heiderich
nhung
istrii
n1cha
absolutz
lune
onigirii
karina009
ashura
shinjou
belle
tachan
serenua
eclipse100
rukiagiugiu
jaderabbit
mia0171
darkestsecrets
jenno
gurlygirl
imustbeinsane
gin
lynzajw
quirkyauthie
dreamcatcherHR
chibified
ghost305
Lyanthros
ayako
xkrnsmilex
momomelody
aznchan
charmaine12
Sithe
flyingwind
sakura_mochi
stupidgirls
eternal_moon
yuecynster
trisia
rainbows
jbeans925
Emberlene
blackrose
iloveechocolate
hoabonlamayman
109 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
hoabonlamayman
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-02

How and why did you get into manga? Empty
PostSubject: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:04 am

To me,It comes really natural. I read manga since I was a kid.(I remembered it,maybe when I was five,I read the first manga,my first manga is Doremon) and since then I do love reading manga. I like the manga world. I like imagining what will happen in the next volume. I keep reading manga up until now as a habit ( and a hobby). Now to me,manga is as important as eating meals.
Back to top Go down
iloveechocolate
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:10 pm

i've always been around manga and i've always loved cartoons so manga was just kind of there for me to enjoy in the asian way rather than the american way.
Back to top Go down
blackrose
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:12 pm

i first got into anime because m cousins were into it so i picked it up and then i naturally got into manga
Back to top Go down
Emberlene
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:46 pm

I've always been watching anime since I was young, but I don't really watch it a lot nowadays. My cousin was the one who got me into manga, which was Fruit Basket. She kept talkinga about it and I eventually picked it up because I was getting tired of getting lost in the conversations.
Back to top Go down
jbeans925
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:51 pm

I've always known about anime, then i found out that most animes were based from mangas. So i started to read the mangas that were turned into animes and realized that they were so much better and more detailed. And then my love for mangas expanded into different genres and now i'm a manga-holic!
Back to top Go down
rainbows
Five-cents Choco Balls

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:53 pm

my sister got me into manga and for me it was something to do, and then as i started reading it like fruits basket was my first i like the arts and drawings of it and i myself love art so i decided to try draw and the authors drawings inspire me so now i sometimes draw haha but its soo good and thats how then i began to like reading mangas which is random and that some r cute and interesting
Back to top Go down
trisia
Five-cents Choco Balls

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:08 pm

I saw the anime version and I disliked the ending so then I went on to read the manga and became more satisfied with the ending, so from then on I started reading manga
Back to top Go down
yuecynster
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:43 pm

happy I think I was watching something on youtube and happen to come across a music video for a manga and that was when I start reading manga.
Back to top Go down
eternal_moon
Caramel Pancakes
Caramel Pancakes
eternal_moon

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:47 pm

UHm, I neve really thought about it, I supposed it just naturally came. Without even notice, I have read manga regurlarly and cannot stop !! Can't help but think what is going to happend and cant wait for the next release !! But I started off because my sister loved them ( not now) and borrowed them, so I read from her and started liking them too !! happy
Back to top Go down
stupidgirls
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:00 pm

I got into manga after I saw animes...in fact I wasnt quite aware of manga until I was into my twenties lol! ..but when I discovered Naruto, I read almost 300 chapters in 3 days!! its So addictive , lol..I have always been interested in animated stuff and comics but characters emoting so well is only in manga...comics are rather slap stick and just touch teh surface but manga has the whole load of emo going on, lol...thats why
Back to top Go down
sakura_mochi
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:26 pm

I used to read through my sister's manga collections when I was little...and I guess it just came to be natural for me! =P I don't think I'll ever grow out of it! =P It's not just the stories I love..I like to admire the art, too! =)
Back to top Go down
flyingwind
Five-cents Choco Balls
flyingwind

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:57 pm

I discovered manga when my library in elementary school had some
Back to top Go down
Sithe
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:12 pm

I was trying to find a synopsis on an anime. I found the manga, but no synopsis. I read the manga and immediately got hooked.
Back to top Go down
charmaine12
Five-cents Choco Balls

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:30 pm

i got into manga a year and a half ago, when i was getting hooked to the anime naruto. I finished it until the latest episode and i was hungry for more. Feeling proud of myself, i went online to an online forum to possibly brag about being up to date with my naruto episodes... and lo and behold. EVERYBODY knew more than what i knew and everytime i asked somebody, they told me they read it from the manga.. and i'm like.. what the hell is a manga.. so then i searched... and i asked the friend of mine who i got the episodes from... and he gave me the address to where i can get the manga.. and soon i was hooked.

After i finished naruto, i was on a rampage for more manga to read, then i devoured bleach, after bleach.. i went to the local borders and barnes and noble to read everything i could get my hands on. My savings was depleted. my credit card bill came and i apparently spent $600 in one month for manga alone. So then i went online to look for free manga and then i found mangaupdates.com and it was GOD in online form... and that's my long psycho story. thank u. hahahah
Back to top Go down
aznchan
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:52 pm

i got into manga in the seventh grade i think b/c of ma frdz they kept on reading it and i was curious so i borrow some from them and i got really hooked on to it later on
Back to top Go down
momomelody
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:32 am

I dunno. I just sorta saw people walking around with their noses in these "comic" books. yah. I was just like ooh cool. I'll go read one.
Back to top Go down
xkrnsmilex
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:20 am

my friend showed my sailor moon, and all these other mangas that got me ADDICTED to manga. now, i read lyk 483028592 times more than her and i have to show her all the good mangas i read, but the thing is, i have to show mangas that its selling in america mangas cause she buys her books and doesnt read online.
Back to top Go down
ayako
Five-cents Choco Balls
ayako

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:01 am

I've always liked "comic books" when I was young... I think I started to read "mangas" different from the "comic books" I read when I was young since they were not Japanese translated works (ex. snoopy, calvin & hobbes...) when I was in Jr. High. I somehow discovered a manga store near me and browsed through there and started to buy and read them. I then discovered that there were scanlations online... so I began to read more and more mangas. Now I'm addicted.
Back to top Go down
Lyanthros
Five-cents Choco Balls
Lyanthros

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:15 am

i started with anime actually. but then i kept noticing that while most times the anime just ends out of nothing, the manga still goes on and actually has a decent ending. after that i searched for book stores here where i live, to see if i could import some, ofc another thing came up... normally the mangas themselfs are way delayed in america (which is where most translations can be found... and yes, i don't know how to read or speak japanese/korean/taiwanese - although i'd love tooo! :P lol), so i went on the net and found out that scanlations are made, some weekly and some monthly and even if they aren't books we can grab, if we get used to it, they are very amusing to read, even more then watching some/most animes. :)
Back to top Go down
ghost305
Five-cents Choco Balls

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:50 am

Curiosity......which killed the cat.
Back to top Go down
chibified
Five-cents Choco Balls

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 5:18 am

I watched anime and then went to manga. but now i read more manga than i watch anime because i feel usually manga has more depth and the artwork is nicer.
Back to top Go down
dreamcatcherHR
Rainbow Bubble Gum
dreamcatcherHR

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:11 pm

I first got into manga when I got my first manga, which was Gundam Wing. Since I was in love with Gundam Wing the manga gave me more details about the characters backgrounds and some side stories and prequels and sequels and thats when I found out that reading manga can be just as entertaining as watching anime. Manga just gives you more informantion than the anime does sometimes and the stories are better too. Like Real Bout High School. I totally loved the manga but the anime was just ridiculous! Total disappointment I tell ya. The manga was more martial arts and action but the anime was more fantasy and action TOTALLY went off the tangent.
Back to top Go down
quirkyauthie
Five-cents Choco Balls

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Oddly enough, it started with Naruto... then I saw pretty pictures of another manga (I had no idea what shoujo or shounen was at the time) and that became good morning call, my first shoujo manga. Now I'm reading/have finished... at least over 200 (including one-shots :P)
Back to top Go down
lynzajw
Rainbow Bubble Gum
lynzajw

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:38 pm

Socrates in Love in grade ten kind of got me started on it... around that time, I also got engulfed in the nonsensical universe of Hot Gimmick. I despise it now, but back then it was my life. And I actually liked the guy she ended up with, too... whereas now I think she made a horrid choice.
Back to top Go down
gin
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:29 am

It started when Doraemon and Candy Candy invaded our country lol!. It was in late 80's if I'm not mistaken.
There's not much reading material for kids at that time. Well, actually, there's a lot, but it's dominated by fairy-tale/fantasy illustration stories. And manga is like a fresh air.
First, of course, the artwork. It wasn't my first time reading comic, but it was the first reading that kind of comic.
I was in love since then, and I still am until now. Well, now it has been upgraded into totally crazy in love ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How and why did you get into manga?   How and why did you get into manga? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How and why did you get into manga?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next