Wataame Shoujo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

綿あめ 少女

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think of oneshots??

Go down 
+21
erasable
Lady Clow
mypurplecowness
trick
PetrifiedPenguin
lilimitzuki
tiffany-nya
Labellelle
leilahkay
tema
jinytte
Untitled
cherub2seraph
Ume
eimy
gotchaweird
sillymonkey777
neijing
fruitpink
jhealizzie
Di27
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Di27
Rainbow Bubble Gum
Di27

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-14

What do you think of oneshots?? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:18 am

Sorry if there's already a topic like this I've checked the list and found nothing bout it so..

I'm just really interested what you guys think about reading one-shots or the you prefer the maga series.

~Personally I like reading one shots when in a rush and want things over and done with I just wanna read find out how it ends then done. but if it ends up a really good one shot like "Koiboku" I'm wishing for more pages. I read manga series yes but I read atleast 3 oneshots before sleeping coz they put me at ease with my manga craving~
Back to top Go down
jhealizzie
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: :)   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:07 am

i love oneshots too.
but sometimes it makes you want to read more.
and most oneshots i read are great :)

i'll try reading "Koiboku"
Back to top Go down
fruitpink
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm

i like them the best !!
:]
Back to top Go down
neijing
Burned Cookie
neijing

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:47 pm

I prefere series...
when i read a one shot, I'm often frustrated... :x
sure, there is a lot a good one shot but what i prefere in series is that you can more know the characters and be attached to them...
they become a part of your life...
Back to top Go down
sillymonkey777
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
sillymonkey777

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:01 pm

I like oneshots but sometimes when it ends I want to read more and more sad
Back to top Go down
gotchaweird
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:09 pm

tooo short for me... it's like 'i wanna read more' kinda thing...
Back to top Go down
eimy
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:10 pm

I've readed a lot of great oneshots, so, i can say i like them, but sometimes I'd like some of them to have a continuation u_u
Back to top Go down
Ume
Five-cents Choco Balls
Ume

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:45 pm

I like reading oneshots when I don't feel like reading a series, meaning I want something short and sweet. I prefer series though most of the time because there's more development usually. I love oneshots though, my Portable HD is filled with tons. XD
Back to top Go down
http://anendlessstory.social-faker.net/
cherub2seraph
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 12:44 am

A lot of oneshots kind of frustrate me, because everything is over in such a rush. The mangaka have to resort to filling the reader in on the basic plotline/background information in one speech bubble, and things are rather formulaic in oneshots. There are only a few that I really enjoyed reading.

But, they are sweet and short, and when I don't feel like delving into a deep long series, I'll read them :)
Back to top Go down
Untitled
Burned Cookie
Untitled

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:09 am

I read them, but when I do read a really good one-shot. I end up wishing for a continuation.
Which is unlikely thou not impossible to happen for most one-shot.
Back to top Go down
jinytte
Burned Cookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:44 am

I actually like oneshots! Because then you don't have to wait months to years for the completion of the story. But because they are oneshots, sometimes the story is rushed (because of page limits) or the story and characters so charming that you wish it was longer.
Back to top Go down
tema
Five-cents Choco Balls
tema

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:22 am

i love the oneshot
it's short lol!
Back to top Go down
leilahkay
Tangy Translator
Tangy Translator
leilahkay

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:37 pm

well. some are good. some are bad. but I like how some authors are able to write a short story that doesn't need hundreds of pages to get the point across. and there are really cute ones as well~ but there are stupid one where you're like "uhh... what?" and there was a point where one-shots were extremely not my thing, but I read them when I come across one from a mangaka that I like.
Back to top Go down
Labellelle
Five-cents Choco Balls
Labellelle

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:52 am

I love oneshots. I like things with an ending, so I really prefer oneshots over a really long and ongoing series. I always try to finish up all of my manga reading with a oneshot so that I won't feel too bad if the manga chapters before do not have a satisfying ending.
Back to top Go down
tiffany-nya
Lovely Editor
Lovely Editor
tiffany-nya

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:40 pm

well at first I didn't see any point in reading oneshots (becuase they're super short) but after reading a couple of them I got more and more into them so now I prefer reading oneshots. short and simple happy
Back to top Go down
lilimitzuki
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:23 pm

I like one shots as long as they have good endings
Back to top Go down
PetrifiedPenguin
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:55 am

Generally, I like them! I like how the stories manage to deliver the tension, the climax, and resolve it all (or not) in short chapter. Oneshots really tend to pack a punch, and deliver something poignant and meaningful.
Back to top Go down
trick
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:18 am

I like oneshorts. But not every oneshorts. Some are pretty good but some need more details. Oneshort is not suit them. I want to see more details. lol! All I can say is that it's too short and the story line has nothing special in short chapter.
However, I still read every oneshorts. :D
Back to top Go down
mypurplecowness
Burned Cookie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:39 pm

I quite like oneshots because yes, they are quick reads (and I get impatient when I download a huge file). I sometimes find something that blows me away where the short length adds and not detracts from the impact.

happy
Back to top Go down
gotchaweird
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 pm

too short... i feel like craving for some more esp if the stories really awesome~
Back to top Go down
Lady Clow
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:33 am

I love oneshots very much, but sometimes they're too small and I start to think that the manga with many volumes is much more good and interesting.
Back to top Go down
erasable
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:38 pm

too short. It's hard to really develop a plot and its characters w/i one chapter
Back to top Go down
zerberus
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:37 am

i like oneshots

but...

sometime i think i want to read more and more.
Back to top Go down
meowmoo
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:57 pm

I like them short and sweet, but some are just too cliche-ed, as though the mangaka just needed to fill in her pages for that issue. (I'm talking about the phone-book style manga books)
Back to top Go down
Kyoko87
Five-cents Choco Balls
Kyoko87

Registration date : 2011-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:55 am

I love oneshots, even i could say that there some oneshots that i like more than some manga serie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of oneshots??   What do you think of oneshots?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of oneshots??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wataame Shoujo :: CAKES and PIES Discussions :: Manga and Manhwas-
Jump to: