Wataame Shoujo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

綿あめ 少女

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution

Go down 
+12
Kyliam
tiffany-nya
kimbap
leilahkay
TiDuS_0007
D_A
spicycandy
Sunako
cakie4me
Parisa1112
obscurayue
meganemoe
16 posters
AuthorMessage
meganemoe
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-10-14

The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution Empty
PostSubject: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:57 am

Perfect Girl Evolution (PGE) aka The Wallflower, My Fair Lady, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge anime is based on the manga by the same name from Tomoko Hayakawa. Here is a summary:
The Wallflower a girl who was called "ugly" by a boy, the first and only person to whom she confessed her love. This incident sparks a life change, and as a result Sunako shuns all forms of beauty, both in herself as well as in life. Concerned by her change for the worst, Sunako's aunt, the owner of a beautiful mansion where four very handsome students live, offers the guys free rent in her mansion if they can turn Sunako into a "perfect lady" (referred to in Japan as the titular Yamato Nadeshiko).

While the four of them manage to make Sunako physically beautiful enough to become a lady, the problem lies with her attitude and interests (which Sunako has no intention of changing). Up until the most recent release in the story, they've managed to convince Sunako's aunt that her niece is indeed a lady befitting the mansion in which they live (and prevent the rent from skyrocketing to triple the required amount). However, in reality, Sunako has not changed considerably.

While I really love the manga and am totally grateful to Cireus Anime for fansubbing this, I must admit to some disappointment. Things were changed, I felt that weren't need. My major pet peeve/anime killer is when they make minor and inconsequential charchters into comedy relief (Goth-loli sisters). The art is very pretty, voice acting is good, really comedic moments, but it strayed from the story line too much for my tastes. Still, I'm keeping it because I really love the Kyohei shower scene! happy What are your thoughts? I definetly would give this one at least 8.5/10 overall. Good job overall.
Back to top Go down
obscurayue
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 pm

I didn't like this anime, because I felt it didn't quite capture the mood of the manga. If I hadn't read the manga first, I might have enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Parisa1112
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: i agree!!   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:29 pm

def; i felt that it took away some of the things that made the manga so good!
Back to top Go down
cakie4me
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:19 pm

I liked the anime; i think a second season should be made to tie up some loose ends, but i also tried the manga; there's just too much filler material. The anime was more to the point.
Back to top Go down
Sunako
Rainbow Bubble Gum
Sunako

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:45 pm

I liked the animated version, though i wish they could make
more episodes, it didn't end -_-..
But i am not complaining i love the maga :P
Back to top Go down
spicycandy
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:01 am

At first I was apprehensive to read the manga because the art took a little while to get used to, but now I LOVE Perfect Girl Evolution. I just wish there was more development between Shouhei and Sunako. More cute moments please! I'd also like there to be an ENDING, with the way things are going it seems like the manga will never ever end. x_x;

I wish the anime were longer though and covered more of the manga. That would've been awesome. X3
Back to top Go down
D_A
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:06 pm

I am really enjoying the anime. One of my favorite episodes was the Nabe and Kotatsu episode. The characters have unique personalities. And in the anime you can tell the difference between Ranmaru and Kyohei which can be a challenge in the manga.

D_A
Back to top Go down
TiDuS_0007
Rainbow Bubble Gum
TiDuS_0007

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:45 am

i like this anime coz its really funny lol! lol!

but the anime is too short still i like it...

i already read the manga and still good too.. happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mangablitz.site50.net
leilahkay
Tangy Translator
Tangy Translator
leilahkay

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:36 pm

KYOHEI = <3 LOVE

I love this series!!! It's sooo funny and good. but seriously. How can you turn into a horror freak like that??? <<well that's a factor that makes this show so interesting, but anyways. and she get's to live with 4 hot boys. I AM JEALOUS! grrr! good thing she has like no interest in them. ahaha
oh, did I mention I LOVE KYOHEI?
Back to top Go down
kimbap
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:04 pm

this anime is really funny, made me laugh a lot. i wished they made it longer...
Back to top Go down
tiffany-nya
Lovely Editor
Lovely Editor
tiffany-nya

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:03 pm

I was practicly dieing from laughter when I watched this one, it was soo funny happy
Back to top Go down
Kyliam
Five-cents Choco Balls
Kyliam

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:47 pm

It's so funny and good. It's one of my favorite anime :D, and i love Kyouhei <33
Back to top Go down
bbnflpn
Rainbow Bubble Gum
bbnflpn

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:10 am

loved it, i think it also needs another season.

i laughed my butt off
Back to top Go down
beingmeyuki
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:00 pm

i liked the manga more than the anime but the anime was still pretty funny in its own way lol!
Back to top Go down
dreamkaching
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2011-07-30

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:11 pm

I really had fun reading the series at first, but it just drags on and on with little to no development. I've gotten tired of this one, really. Still reading the manga though, but no high hopes.
Back to top Go down
Kyoko87
Five-cents Choco Balls
Kyoko87

Registration date : 2011-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:14 am

I laugh a lot with this anime. I think itīs quite funny, and i got dissapointed when it ended that way. But anyway, itīs one of my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution   The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution
Page 1 of 1