Wataame Shoujo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

綿あめ 少女

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama

Go down 
+22
jcamour
steph27
Harumi
bbyprecious
darkestsecrets
lily_kitty15
BebePeng
happygal
serenity
eternal_moon
suyuri
alacrana
ZaiZai
Jane26
mokona123
newiuh
shams025
Demeterr
classicorner
honeyflash
babylicous
Arashi-chan
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arashi-chan
Tangy Translator
Tangy Translator
Arashi-chan

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama Empty
PostSubject: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama MeteorGarden1

Details
Title: 流星花園 / Liu Xing Hua Yuan
English title: Meteor Garden
Episodes: 27
Broadcast network: CTS
Broadcast period: 2001.04.21 to ?
Air time: Thursday 9:00pm
Opening theme song: 情非得已 (Qing Fei De Yi) by Harlem Yu
Ending theme song: 你要的愛 (Ni Yao De Ai) by Penny Tai (戴佩妮)
Related drama: Meteor Garden II

Synopsis
Shan Cai, a normal citizen, probably more on the poor side, is attending Ying De University, the private school made exclusively for rich citizens. Besides being looked down upon by rich classmates, she has angered the leader of F4, Dao Ming Si. F4 comprises of Dao Ming Si, Hua Ze Lei, Xi Men, and Mei Zuo, who are the heirs to the four richest families and they donated a lot of money to the school so nobody dares to challenge them. This poor girl dared to attack DMS, which nobody has done before, and made DMS sprout an interest toward her. However, his constant torture of her has made her hate him, but made her fall in love with Hua Ze Lei, who helped her during DMS's torturing. Can DMS get her love through his cold and cruel exterior? Will their love last when everyone is trying to break them up? What happens when his fiancee comes and his mother has used all the worst ways to keep her from him?

Cast
Barbie Xu as Shan Cai
Jerry Yan as Dao Ming Si
Vic Zhou as Hua Ze Lei
Ken Zhu as Xi Men
Vanness Wu as Mei Zuo
--- Extended Cast:
Rainie Yang as Xiao You
Winnie Qian as Teng Tang Jing
Edward Ou as Qing He
Ye An Ting as Li Zhen
Belinda Cheng as Bai He
Wang Yue as Shan Cai's Mother
Dong Zhi Cheng as Shan Cai's Father
Zhen Xiu Zhen as Dao Ming Feng
Mary Hsu as Dao Ming Zhuang
Lan Cheng Long as Yamen
Zhang Ruo Zhen as Qian Hui
Ke Huan Ru as Xiao Zi
A Liang as college professor
Wallace Chung as Ah Sung
Xu Wei Lun as Ah Xun

Infos by/ wikipedia and d-addicts

My Note: This film bases on : Hana Yori Dango. A manga series which was released in the 90 ties. There is also a japanese version of it which has the name : Hana Yori Dango. ( I think I'll post a summary and cast list here in drama section, too).
Now you guys are wondering which is better. lol!
most would say the Taiwanese Version.... I like both ones althought the Japanese is a lil bit better in my opinion. It's because the Taiwanese series is a bit to long going... I know the guys are really good looking ( better as in the jap. one) but when you jnow the manga the japanese
goes more after it.
When someone is interested to read the manga ^^ I'll sure know a page where you can read it.
Back to top Go down
babylicous
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 7:00 pm

I have watched this and I don't like it the boys are ugly.. I like the girl though
Back to top Go down
honeyflash
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:16 pm

i kinda like this drama when i was small..hahaha i like the first season better than the second]
Back to top Go down
classicorner
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:26 am

I didn't like the taiwanese version coz I think their acting wasn't really good and I don't like the taiwanese F4 with their long hair. I don't like guys with long hair and yeah makes them look like girls. Haha. No offence to guys with long hair I only meant the F4 guys. Peace ^^
I prefer the japanese version probably because Jun Matsumoto is the main character, so i'm probably pretty biased here.
Back to top Go down
Demeterr
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:10 am

Ah I wanted to watch this drama, and I still haven't. My friend was meant to lend me the DVD but she couldn't find it. T.T That was two years ago or whatnot. And I don't really feel like trying to find it online, since I don't know if there's any english subs... if only it was in canto... but yeah.

F4 have some pretty nice songs though.
Back to top Go down
shams025
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:35 pm

meh i didnt like it. hana yori dango was 10000000x better! i highly recommend!!
Back to top Go down
newiuh
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 5:25 am

i tooootally agree...hana yori dango is sooo much better!! no offense to those who like it n all but i jus thought that...meteor garden was jus...well, bad. the cast couldnt really act n were (again, no offense) ugly...'cept maybe for one guy...but stiill, those who disagree with me watch hana yori dango n make the comparison yourself...
Back to top Go down
mokona123
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:05 am

The Japanese version is so much better. I didn't quite like this version. My friend likes this one better, but she's form Taiwan. ^^v
Back to top Go down
Jane26
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:43 am

I agree the Japanese one is so much better, which is weird since I usually like the Taiwanese adaptions better (I loved It Started with a Kiss lol). I don't really like the female lead in this or really any of her other dramas (not really a good actress). Vic (Rui) is so hot he was the only good thing about the show, love him and I like most of his dramas. As for the other guys they were ok except Jerry he is kinda odd looking. They storyline dragged on so much, I was so bored.
Back to top Go down
ZaiZai
Five-cents Choco Balls
ZaiZai

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:21 am

this was the first asian drama i ever watched (except for thais dramas) so i pretty much like it...
i can still remember when i visit my gradmother in thailand n she give me this drama to watch cause she herself was really hook on it...

i dont know if which one i like better the japanese one or this one, but what i know is both have good n bad points...n for hana yori dango i dont like the second season
Back to top Go down
alacrana
Rainbow Bubble Gum
alacrana

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:46 am

I'm like the only one.. or one of the very few.. who liked this more than the Japanese version. It was truer to the manga. And I like Jun but Jerry Yan is way hotter. And he does a little dance! So cute!
Back to top Go down
suyuri
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:07 pm

Yea yea the acting wasn't all that great, but I loved this drama cause it was the first Taiwanese one I've ever watched. Though I can't really say the same about the sequel.. I just found that one totally pointless to watch. =/
Back to top Go down
eternal_moon
Caramel Pancakes
Caramel Pancakes
eternal_moon

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Uhm , it was pretty good... I love Dao MIng Si, he just really cute !! And his hair is not as curly as it was in the manga. And as far as I remebered, he has his hair straight like half way throught the series !! F4 boys are all cute, But one of them ( forgot his name ) acted so gay that I can never hold my laugh !! This is one of Taiwan drama I've ever watched !! Cause I supposed I dont really watch drama and stuff ... lol!
Back to top Go down
serenity
Rainbow Bubble Gum
serenity

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:45 pm

the drama that took the Philippine by storm and got them hook with Asian series...^^

i was all excited to watch this since i was a big F4 fan even before they appear on Philippine tv...
nice story..but i think Hana Yori Dango delivered the story better...
Back to top Go down
happygal
Tangy Translator
Tangy Translator
happygal

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:54 am

how long i watched it...couldn't remembered it...but i was not a fan of this wonderful drama when it was lst released into the market...coz am not a fan of any kinda of movie star thingy...i watched it after all my frez strongly recommended me to watch, hence i bought the disc and watched it together with my ex bf..gosh i fell in love with it...haha..and find it extremely funny..but my ex was perhaps more emotion abt the love story...haha...crying...but i would said it was of this drama that launched the career of all the leading casts...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcmanga.forumwise.com
BebePeng
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:24 am

erg this entire drama was so fake.... and da s isnt that pretty...
but i guess it's a classic! i liked the music tho.
near the end it seemed to kinda change the entire lot.... especially in season 2. i was very dissapointed
Back to top Go down
lily_kitty15
Rainbow Bubble Gum
lily_kitty15

Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:29 pm

i dont like Barbie i really dont like her! though i have only seen up to episode 16 and i sometimes just move some parts that i dont like but its on hold.
the drama's really like the manga but many small things like she doesn't have a brother or the model guy was also did thing different'y will i hope its better and it even has a 2nd season so far it look like all the manga story will be finished in season 1 but maybe some of the stuff will happen in the 2nd season that maybe should happen in the 1st. will i have to watch it after im done with other dramas.
Back to top Go down
darkestsecrets
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 am

well i really liked the first season ,i agree that the acting in some episodes were not very good....o_O but i like it better than the jap version nonetheless...maybe cause i'm chinese lol XD anyhow i thought the second season was horrible though coz it was so draggy, ong-winded and did not really focus on shancai and daomingsi together as a couple and i thought it was truly unbearable >.<
Back to top Go down
bbyprecious
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:19 pm

i didn't really like this one much :/ the guys were really ugly no offense x_x
Back to top Go down
Harumi
Five-cents Choco Balls
Harumi

Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:44 am

I watched this along time ago. The F4 guys in the drama made a big name for themselves, I actually reeeally liked this. I didn't like Hana Yori Dango at all :\ I prefer Meteor Garden ~
Back to top Go down
steph27
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:03 pm

meteor garden was my very first taiwanese drama and i actually liked it too! though the acting wasn't top notch it was still ok and i was able to finish the drama...
the first season was definitely better than the second... i couldn't bear watching the second season because the ending was terrible. i just hated it haha
Back to top Go down
jcamour
Rainbow Bubble Gum
jcamour

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:18 am

i usually bag on taiwanese actresses because of their failure as actresses. but not this girl. i loved her!! she's very good at showing her feelings. and she is just the perfect role for this drama. but sometimes what she does gets on my nervees but it is her role, but i still love it. the guys are so good at acting too!! and they haven't exactly acted before either. i love it!!!
Back to top Go down
pixie
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 5:15 pm

I didn't like this series too much, season 1 was better than 2. I like the Japanese version better, and the manga more.
Back to top Go down
luv_manga
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Good drama. The cast took sometime to get use to, but once they grow on you then everything is good. happy
Back to top Go down
meowmoo
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 pm

I liked Zai zai in this!! So angelic =D
Still, I like the hot him in MARS too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama   Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meteor Garden 1. /Taiwanese Drama
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next